IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE SUMMARY
Do you dream about baking all day everyday? Do you have experience in the baking world? Do you want to be around positive people all day? Well this is your lucky day! Come join our team!
We are looking for someone with passion and experience for creating high quality baked goods with a commitment to consistency and detail.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, happy demeanor, problem solving skills, and able to work efficiently. This person is expected to have great organizational and time management skills, and as an added bonus, will have additional background in customer service.
Ultimately you will be responsible for baking all cupcakes, cookies and other baked goods needed for the business day including pre-orders, same day orders, and walk in customers. Therefore, you are crucial to a successful day of business!
- Able to follow recipes
- Ability to take and follow direction easily
- Team player and able to work independently
- Ability to establish priorities
- Responsible for proper storage, labeling and use of all food supplies to prevent unnecessary spoilage and to maintain cost control
- Ensure overall cleanliness and health standards are being met
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE
- Baking and Pastry Arts Diploma, Culinary Management Diploma favoured but not a necessity.
- Experience working as a baker in a commercial bakery or at least have extensive personal experience and knowledge as a baker
- Experience with organic, vegan, peanut free and gluten free baking is useful but not essential
- Demonstrated belief in and commitment to positive, healthy food, lifestyle and planet
- Physical ability to work standing for several hours at a time reach, bend, stoop; and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
Kelly’s Bake Shoppe seeks Bakers for full-time and part-time employment
*Kelly’s Bake Shoppe welcomes and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for those candidates taking part in the selection process.