I love to change up my recipes and re-invent new ways of healing my body and soul (with food). I’ve had this butternut squash recipe as my regular ‘go to’ recipe forever and I wanted to to bring in another to change it up. Not because it isn’t my number one recipe of all time anymore, it is just to have a bit more variety in my life and this new version is very, VERY quick to make.
For this recipe, you put the cut up squash pieces in the soup pot and boil the ingredients together in the veggie stock, as opposed to roasting the squash in the oven.
I love the carrots and potato in this new recipe too as is makes it a smoother soup and a better depth of flavours.
It’s simple. It’s easy.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large yellow onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2lb organic butternut squash, peeled and cubed
1 large organic potato, peeled and cubed
2 organic carrots, peeled and sliced
1 leek, only the white part, sliced
3 cups organic veggie stock
½ cup canned full fat coconut milk
salt and pepper to taste
sprig of thyme or sage for garnish
1. Heat oil in large saucepan and fry onion and garlic until soft.
2. Add butternut squash, potato, carrots, leeks and stock.
3. Bring to a boil and let soup simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Pour soup into blender and blend until smooth.
5. Pour back into saucepan and add coconut milk.
6. Bring to a gentle boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve with olive oil drizzle, and some thyme sprigs or sage leaf.
Your life will never be the same.